Friday, August 15, 2008

thursday

A gorgeous day. I don't think it rained at all today. The sun even peeked out from time to time.

This morning everyone else decided to go on an early hike. It just didn't sound that appealing to me, seeing that I hardly got any sleep the night before. To make the hike would have made for a late night, followed by a very early morning. So I slept in a bit and took my own sweet time getting into the city. I walked around the city for a wee bit, checked out some different sites, and did some shopping (by the way... Scottish sizes confuse me... I don't think their sizes are exactly like ours, even though you'd be led to believe they were.). I got back to the church a little bit after 1pm and the café was slammed. So, I got to work.

Back to the hike... I got some images and video of the hike off of Joe's camera. Enjoy.






What is it with Shannon and that thing?



Notice Justin is palming Joe's head like it's a basketball.





You might be wondering why Jill, Caitie, Justin, and Joe's hand look the way they do.

Wonder no more.





After the hike, Justin and Caitie had to get back to the café to make a couple of Mama Levis' "Royal Mile" soups for the Carrubbers Café on the Royal Mile (they will be served during Friday lunch, Debbie!). Well, Justin certainly couldn't cook all soaking wet...


All in all, a fantastic day in Edinburgh. Most hiked; I slept, walked, and shopped. Then we worked the café, did a little rehearsing, had some down time, then it was Room 65, Night 4. That's the next post.

Until next time!


My name is Rick, and thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure this meets US hygiene standards for restaurants - but maybe they do it a little different over there!

Debbie

rick said...

Seriously, I think things are a tad bit "looser" here. I might explain more in a later post.

Anonymous said...

Seriously Justin....put some clothes on. I agree Debbie. The cafe isn't going to have an "A" in the window if the restaurant police see those pics.