According to the Captain, we are cruising at 37,000 feet. We still have about 2 more hours before we land in Newark, NJ, at which point we’ll have about an hour layover before we embark on the second leg that will take us to our final destination… Edinburgh, Scotland.
I pulled an all-nighter (too much to do… more on that some other time) and am not feeling the least bit fatigued right now. Hopefully I will be able to sleep on the second leg, since we will be landing in Scotland around 7:30am their time. Most of the team is sleeping right now. Lucky them.
This flight has exceeded my expectations. They weren’t supposed to serve a meal, but we were provided with lunch. And 2 drinks already. There are video monitors in the back of each seat. There are movies, music channels, games… plenty of things to keep you entertained while passing the time (the worst part of traveling is the actual travel part). But kudos to Continental for making this a very pleasurable experience so far.
I had a chance to talk to Heidi and the girls when we were waiting for our flight in LAX. I already miss them. They will be doing this same thing tomorrow, going to Idaho to visit Heidi’s step-mom Cheryl. I am bummed that I will miss the first plane trip for Emma and Chloe. Hope Heidi gets some pictures and video. And please Lord, let the trip be easy on my wife. Let the girls enjoy it. Protect Chloe’s ears from the pressure. Amen.
Well, I’m going to load some of the pictures I’ve taken thus far, to hopefully upload while we’re in Newark.
I will have to post pictures later. Blogger has a scheduled outage in a couple of minutes.
Thanks for your prayers, everyone.
My name is Rick, and thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment