Tuesday, August 12, 2008

room 65, night 1

Tonight was our first time playing Room 65. At the last minute we were told that we would need four sets of music (we had only planned on 3 each night). Fortunately Patrick selected multiple sets of music that we will just rotate during the course of the week, so we didn't need to pick a set from scratch. We rehearsed almost the entire afternoon (from a little before 3pm to dinner time). Then we had our sets to play... so we probably played close to 6 hours total today. Needless to say, we're all exhausted.

Playing was a lot of fun tonight. Again, I'm playing mostly piano and since we have no lead guitar, I can play with a bit more freedom. That's been fun. I made a good handful of mistakes tonight, but I would have to say this was one of my better piano nights. I couldn't believe some of the stuff I was playing (and it's not even like I'm that good... it was just better than my typical). Shannon played some bass, but it was mostly Keithless Least of These tonight. Overall I think it went very well, all things considered. And I had prayed before the night started that we might even be "musically attractive" to get people to walk in, and ultimately be ministered to, or have the gospel preached to them. I'm a little worried about Patrick's voice though. Please pray for his strength, if you think of it.

Tonight, one of the guys I met on Saturday night and invited to come back... came back. Kevin was there almost right when the doors opened and didn't leave until after it was over. Looks like he showered and slept too. Justin and Mark were able to speak with him for nearly 2 1/2 hours. Amazing. Kevin knows the gospel now, that's for sure. And he gave Justin a big compliment... he told Justin that no Christian had ever nicely opened the Bible and shared things with him. They usually "smacked me in the face" with it. I wonder if God might be working in Kevin's life. Please pray for him. I think he will be back.

We had a lot of good response to our music, and I'm told roughly 300 people came during the course of the night.

My name is Rick, and thanks for reading.

No comments: