Thursday, August 14, 2008

night 3 recap

Tonight was a little tough on me. I was tired for much of the night, and we played a bit more mellow stuff tonight too. And of course now... it's 1:30am as I type and I am awake again. Weird.

Anyway, there weren't as many people as I thought would come in, based on the better weather (it didn't rain as much as it had last night). Oh well... God is sovereign.

One thing I must tell you... someone gave his life to Jesus tonight! Yes... that's right. Mike from England is now a brother in the Lord. How exciting is that? I don't know all the details, so I hope to have them for you tomorrow, but I think that he came into Room 65 yesterday and came back again tonight. He spoke with a man from the church and at the end decided to give His life to Jesus Christ. I heard this right after we were done for the night, and I gotta tell you... it was such an encouragement. I think I did a pretty good job in hiding the fact that I was crying at the news.

You see... another thing I prayed for this week was that God might grant someone repentance specifically while we were here. Not that it would validate our ministry (just as lack of profession wouldn't invalidate it), but I just asked the Lord that if He would be so kind to my own heart, that I might see someone get saved this week as a result of Room 65. And here we are... with Mike from England.

God has been too good to us, everyone... too good. Thank you all for praying. Please be encouraged yourselves that the Lord is answering your prayers and though you may not be here with us in Scotland, you can know that He has been so faithful. And I know that you are praying. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

I don't know if I will ever be able to articulate how thankful I am that the Lord provided this opportunity for me. And in 5 days I have hardly seen the outside of the church. Everyone else is going on a hike in the morning, but I'm hoping to get some rest and then walk around the festival a bit tomorrow morning (since my free time has been very limited).

My name is Rick, and thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Awesome news Rick! We are praying for you guys! BTW are you guys going to have any time to visit some of the church history sites?