This morning we led worship for both morning services at Carrubbers. It was great to worship with these saints once again. And to see more familiar faces we hadn't seen yet since we arrived.
After church we went to Paul and Mairi Connor's for lunch. Let me tell you. Paul and Mairi = A-MAZING. They are managing Room 65 this year and have been such amazing hosts, great friends, and have a like-minded perspective on ministry. And Paul might just know a little something about everything. The man has completely remodeled their home, adding a bathroom with curved walls for a guest bedroom (I should have remembered to take a picture), he runs sounds for us, and plays drums too. Mairi made a fantastic lunch for us today. And observing them, they make such a great team. We love you, Connors!
Then tonight we were back at the church for evening service, which is kind of a recap of the prior week of Room 65, including featuring that week's band doing the music (so we will play this service next Sunday).
After the service we set up the stage for Room 65, Least of These style. I am blessed to be able to borrow a rockin' digital piano from my friend Colin Dyer, as well as another synth (that Paul owns). Guess I didn't need to bring my rig at all, but better safe than sorry. And I'm going to try and do some recording while I am out here. The climate here is much more conducive for my singing. I might need to send for my wife and kids, because it might be time to move here.
I have no clue what time it is right now. I think it's about 3:15am. I'm all out of whack. But I do know this... Room 65 begins for us tomorrow and I cannot wait. What a privilege to play music and preach the gospel for the Lord. And to do it alongside one of the most special churches in the world. There is certainly a fond affection for Carrubbers. I am blessed to be back (though I miss my church Redemption Church of Northridge and wish I could have been there for the first service in our new building!!!).
Hopefully I'll be able to post these posts tomorrow and add some pictures. Thank you for your prayers, and thank you for being patient (I know you're all wanting to read some news!).
My name is Rick, and thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment